Today, we released the 2.1.7 (and 2.1.8 for Windows) update for the Google voice and video chat software. All current installations will automatically update within the next few days. If you do not want to wait, you can visit http://www.google.com/chat/video and re-run the installer.
You can use your Gmail account to find out what version is currently installed. Simply go to the Gmail Settings page and look under the "Chat" tab. You will see the plugin version under the "Learn more" link, in small type.
Here's what's new in the latest version:
- Several installer improvements; installation no longer requires a browser restart
- Improved smoothness of video rendering
- Added support to monitor and reduce CPU utilization when system is under extremely high load
- Fixed issue where playout volume was too low on various machines
- Fixed issue with incorrect audio ducking behavior on Vista/Win7
- Fixed issue with delayed audio if connectivity was briefly interrupted
- Fixed issue with delayed video on Mac when under high CPU load
- Fixed issue where encryption/decryption could fail on sequence number rollover
- Fixed random flash effect when entering fullscreen in some browsers
- Fixed many crashes