This week, we released the 1.1.1 update for the Google voice and video chat software. All current installations will automatically update within the next few days. If you do not want to wait, you can visit http://www.google.com/chat/video and re-run the installer.
You can use your Gmail account to find out what version is currently installed. Simply go to the Gmail Settings page and look under the "Chat" tab. You will see the plugin version under the "Learn more" link, in small type.
Here's what's new in version 1.1.1:
- Improved echo cancellation on Mac OS X.
- Improved internet proxy auto-detection, leading to better connectivity in some network scenarios.
- Fixed an incompatibility that could lead to crashes when starting video calls with certain cameras.
- Improved robustness of connection between browser and plug-in, which previously could have resulted in being stuck at 'Detecting Devices' on the Chat settings tab.
- Added support for the H.263 (1998) video codec.
- Added support for the G.722 (64 Kbps) audio codec.