Today, we released the 1.0.16 update for the Google voice and video chat software. All current installations will begin an automatic update within the next few days. If you do not want to wait, you can visit http://www.google.com/chat/video and re-run the installer.
You can use your Gmail account to find out what version is currently installed. Simply go to the Gmail Settings page and look under the "Chat" tab. You will see the plugin version under the "Learn more" link, in small type.
Here's what's new in version 1.0.16:
- Substantially enhanced noise reduction algorithm, which should noticeably reduce background noise during calls
- Video codec quality and efficiency improvements, including support for the pending H.264-SVC packetization standard
- Fixed problems with incorrect display of video streams with nonstandard aspect ratios
- Fixed problems on certain Macs where the camera could take several seconds to start up
- Fixed several crashes, plus additional diagnostics to detect deadlock situations